Job Title: Project Manager
Date Revised: 02/7/2018
FLSA Status: Exempt
The Project Manager will ensure that all aspects of the project are planned and executed in a manner that will lead to meeting the implementation goals within the established time frame and budget and to a high degree of customer satisfaction. The Project Manager is also responsible for project profitability and to ensure that consultants assigned to their projects maintain an expected level of billable utilization.
Job Duties and Responsibilities/Essential Job Functions
- Work with all stakeholders towards continual improvement of the Origin project management practice.
- Take responsibility and drive initiatives for improvement.
- Develop and deliver executive level status reports to the customer.
- Lead and motivate a project team towards accomplishing their work effectively.
- Work closely with the Customer to ensure successful completion of the implementation.
- Develop and execute the project plan, project schedule, and monitor progress. Keep peers and the Group Vice President (GVP) updated on client status, proactively identifying and resolving, or escalating as appropriate, issues that might impact business strategy.
- Consistently manage client expectations and ensure delivery of highest quality service.
- Approval or routing of project level expenses.
- Participate in performance reviews as required.
- Provide timely and accurate input for resource and revenue forecasting activities.
- Participate in monthly revenue target reviews.
- Ensure the technical and application consulting team members are appropriately tasked for successful execution of the established project plan.
- Conduct post implementation reviews to identify and measure results. Capture and apply lessons learned for continuous process improvement.
- Manage difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service.
- Prioritize and plan work activities of team members; sets goals and objectives and develop realistic action plans.
- Minimum of 3 years of direct Project Management experience, with a focus on software delivery.
- Experience with the management of risk, change, issues, time, scope, resources, budget and quality.
- In depth understanding of all major activities for a business system implementation such as analysis, design, development, deployment.
- Experience utilizing a formal project management methodology.
- Proven leadership skills and the ability to motivate a team.
- Highly motivated and driven to improve project management processes and operational efficiency.
- Experience with projects in the Utilities sector and understanding of standard utility business processes preferred.
- Previous business analyst experience preferred.
- Experience with the Oracle Utilities Solution Suite preferred.
Microsoft Office Suite, MS Project, Visio
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
PMP Certification preferred
Up to a maximum of 90% travel, but often less
To apply, send your updated resume to email@example.com
and include the job title in the subject line.