Job Title: Technical Architect
Date Revised: 02/1/2018
FLSA Status: Exempt
Responsible for technical design and deployment of all aspects of the Oracle Utilities technology stack; including applications, integration modules, and custom modification. The Technical Architect acts as a senior member of the team, interacting with project management, functional architecture, and development teams to ensure the infrastructure capabilities align with project requirements. Communicates with all tiers of a customer’s business (subordinate through executive) via oral presentations, verbal conversations, and written documentation.
Job Duties and Responsibilities/Essential Job Functions
- Facilitate non-functional workshops to understand current and to-be state of customer’s technical platform.
- Technical Architecture design and documentation, including deployment standards with supporting illustrations and conceptual diagrams.
- Installation and maintenance of all aspects of the Oracle Utilities technology stack, including Operating System configuration, Oracle Database Server, Oracle WebLogic Server, Oracle Fusion Middleware, and Oracle Utilities Application Framework based solutions.
- Provides procedural and operational documentation for installation, maintenance and support of solution.
- Liaison between project teams, project leadership, and senior management, ensuring all technical facets of the project are appropriately communicated and all potential risks are appropriately mitigated.
- Mentors internal and customer resources through hands on training and information sharing.
- Definition and support of all non-functional testing, such as Performance/Stress Testing, Fail-over/Disaster Recovery Testing, batch tuning/automation, etc.
- Sales support activities including written responses and oral presentations to potential customers; as well as installation and support of internal application instances utilized throughout the sales cycle.
- 7 to 10 years’ experience working with Oracle Utilities Application Suite (or equivalent).
- Expert knowledge of the Oracle Utilities Application Framework (OUAF) version 4.0+.
- Working knowledge of Oracle Database Server, Oracle WebLogic, and Oracle SOA Suite.
- Understanding of java security implementation/deployment concepts.
- At least one full-lifecycle implementation of an OUAF based application (CCB, MDM, MWM). Multi-application implementation, including an Oracle Utilities productized integration module preferred.
- Demonstrated evolution of increased responsibility on projects and within communal team structure.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting capability, with a focus on structured, repeatable results.
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical/executive level audiences.
- Clear and concise verbal and written skills are required for customer interaction and technical/procedural documentation.
Must be able to travel 90% of the time
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee and is subject to change as business needs change.